Sunday, June 6, 2010

PRIDE: Another check off my bucket list...

As I had mentioned yesterday-a year ago attending Pride would have been the last thing on my mind. Well yesterday I attended the festival during the evening and back again today. It was nice to run into people I knew, certainly made my nerves calm down and then running into a couple of people I didn't expect to find, but knew there was a chance: coworkers!!

The festival itself was good, booths with information everywhere--really not like any other festival if you overlook the few odd balls here and there. I met a couple of friends this morning for the parade and it was very nice, nothing in my mind that was way out there. Almost towards the end of the parade came PFLAG and I felt tears roll down my eyes. I hope that some of the members of my own family someday get to the same point of understanding and why not, even support, but all in good time I'm sure. Back to the festival I also noticed that most people were just normal, nothing too outlandish or crazy and it was nice to feel acceptance coming from all levels. Certainly a positive experience. I love people-watching so this was one of the best venues to get lots of that done!!

1 comment:

  1. I think the most outrageous people at pride events are the so-called Christians with their signs. Scary.

    ReplyDelete