Friday, July 2, 2010

Valentine's Day, the movie

I think I've found one of my guilty pleasures for those episodes when I have no kids, no babe or plans. I've always liked romantic comedies, don't know why the ex never batted an eye when I would much rather buy My Best Friend's Wedding and Pretty Woman than X-Men DVD's, I mean the signs were all there!!

Anyway, summer TV is kind of sucking in the evenings so if I find myself kidless or dateless I stop by the Red Box and grab a DVD, at $1 that makes me a pretty cheap date and I don't have to worry about whether anyone else will or not like my choices. So I rented Valentine's Day.

I don't know what other Moho's think of it if they've seen it. I thought the cast was good, obviously they wanted to get a big bang for their buck, lots of cute actors (and actresses too, got to admit). One of the twists at the end of the movie was unexpected in a pleasant kind of way. All I can say is: "Damn Bradley Cooper--- I wish I were a fly on the wall!!!" Yay for chick flicks!!! he, he, he!!

6 comments:

  1. I just saw this movie on a plane and must say that I quite enjoyed the twist at the end with Bradley Cooper as well :) I like movies like this one, like Love Actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this one, but I do like the romantic comedy "chick flicks". I remind my wife that that is one of the benefits of marrying a gay guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched this last week and enjoyed it as well! There were a lot of plots going on, but I was entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen it yet. Definitely on my list of rentals.

    My Best Friend's Wedding! You are awesome PL. I love singing along (provided no one is around) to "I Say A Little Prayer For You" or whatever the title is.

    For a good cry, may I recommend the ultimate chick flick:

    Steel Magnolias. And it has all the stars too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Romulus: Yep I giggled at the pleasant, unexpected twist. So cool!

    Beck: I tried to tell the ex that this was actually a good advantage but then she pointed out the fact that she hates romantic comedies... yet another odd stacked against us. Oh well, live & learn.

    Evan: Yeah I had a hard time keeping up with all the plots too, but it was fun to watch it all come down together.

    Controller: ha, ha, ha! I sing along to some of those songs too, I probably sound more like Cameron Diaz in that movie--I can't carry a tune to save my life and yes on Steel Magnolias, total tear-jerker and has the funniest lines too!

    hugs everyone,pl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oww... I have the DVD, but I havent watched it yet. Is it good??

    Joned

    ReplyDelete