Monday, October 11, 2010

10-10-10

Sometimes the planets just align...such was the case yesterday.

I had spent the morning with the babe and went to his church with him--(I can handle the 1 hour contemporary service, he, he, he!!). It was nice to start the day with good feelings.

A couple of hours later I picked up the kids and while we were having lunch the topic of the babe came up thanks to my son--maybe he's been working on my daughter--about how he loves to bake desserts and custom cakes and stuff like that; my daughter suddenly turns to me and asks:

So what does he do for a living?
Where does he live?
Does he have pets?
Do you think he'd bake me a cake if I tell him what I want?

etc, etc, etc...

Of course I tried to answer her questions as fast as they were coming. I asked the babe to text me a picture of his dogs and she thought they're cute. I tried to act very casual about the whole thing but inside I was jumping for joy!! Later on I told her:

"Your mom has asked me not to mention anything about this because she said it hurts your feelings--and I certainly don't want you to feel uncomfortable, but I'm wondering if you may be open to meeting "the babe" since my birthday is this week and it would mean the world to me to have all 3 of you in the same place, I don't care about presents or anything, I just want you and him to meet. I think you've figured out by now that he is not going anywhere and it seems like a good time go make this happen"

I saw a twinge of stress in her forehead and then she replied:

"Yes, I'd be open to meeting him"

I asked her: "Are you nervious?"

She said she wasn't, at which point I think I probably took a deep breath and again, tried to act very casual about it but spent the rest of the day with a huge grin on my face. To many people this may not be a huge thing (or maybe even a good thing--haven't had a chance to talk to the ex and see what she thinks, but honestly I don't care!!) but this is something that I've been hoping and praying that might happen for a while.

So Thursday is the day. I've played this situation in my mind so many times and I'm sure how I envision it will have nothing to do with reality but progress is progress in any type/shape/form and that my friends, is a very good thing to happen in my life!! I'm not a big believer in numerology, the essence of how 10-10-10 and other numerical sequences moves/shakes and changes the world, but at least yesterday for me perhaps was just a ping of good luck that might make me a believer, no?

 :-)

1 comment:

  1. 1. It IS a big thing. It is a HUGE thing. I'm so happy for you Miguel.

    2. Birthday? Well, darn it, happy birthday to you. Old man.

    3. Still waiting to hear about that Sacramento visit. Hey, I've been to Utah.

    ReplyDelete