Saturday, March 20, 2010

Selfishness Act II

I had blogged about this topic last year (go here) and at the time I was in a very different place in my life where things were so raw and painful after my separation from my ex. I have been thinking a little more about this lately because the way my life is, seems like I want it all:

1. I want a close relationship with my kids
2. I want to keep building on a good relationship with my ex
3. I want to be with/around "the boyfriend"--yikes, did I just use that term?!?-- all the time.

I want it all! Well, maybe not want it all, just the three things above and working in good harmony. I am not asking for to much, am I?

Is this selfishness or just human nature? I keep thinking in time it may all happen, but how long? Right now there's no way I can blend all these worlds together, it just isn't feasable and my mind understands it, but the heart is stubborn!

Time, just give it time. I'm not sure what this posting is all about.

Oh yeah, I'm a selfish SOB...

3 comments:

  1. I think it is worth pointing out that all of your desires aren't about you as they are you wanting to be involved in the lives of those important to you. I see nothing selfish in that what so ever. I would suggest adding a couple thing in there just for you. Perhaps bubble baths, or long walks on a beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean,
    Great points, all of them and yes, thanks for pointing out that I need to take time for myself, always trying to juggle everything and making sure that no one feels neglected I tend to forget numero uno here often times! Great ideas!! :-)

    Hope everything is going well with you man!
    Hugs,pl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think those are selfish desires / goals either. And they sound (in time) to be able to be achieved.

    Go for it!

    ReplyDelete