Friday, March 26, 2010

Worlds collide

Last time I posted I wrote about trying to figure out how to bled my extreme opposite worlds together (ex & kids + boyfriend). I was starting to feel the pressure of the two coming together in a very uncomfortable way and I wasn't quite prepared for that to happen.

Well last night they did. My ex and kids know I'm dating someone now. Not very much more than that. It was high tension all around, it was kind of funny but it was also horrifying. It took me a while to calm down from this. I suppose there was no way for this to ever happen in a perfect way, with a spot-on speech as I pictured it, but I'm glad it is finally out in the open, the last thing I wanted when I came out as a Gay man was to live double lives and that was starting to really get heavy on me.

I know I have huge things to overcome, I can't just expect people to suddenly agree to have Sunday dinners, walks in the park and be--what's the term? "Facebook Official" ?!?!?? LOL

Still there's a sense of relief that this has happened, now I can move on from that stress. That's about the only way I can cope with it and look forward to the rest.

Oh the adventures!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Well, I assume that it was purely by chance that it all came out, so-to-speak! Look at it this way: At least it's over with now. You have to deal with all of it moving forward, but at a minimum you don't have to deal with deciding when and how you were going to start dealing with it.

    I think you're lucky. Boyfriend and kids. What more could a man ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ControllerOne,
    Ever heard the phrase "Beware of what you ask for?", he, he... but overall yes, it is a far better situation than before. Now we can all just move forward!
    hugs,pl

    ReplyDelete