Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Am I, or am I not?

So am I even considered a "moho"?

I've been touched by the surgence of blogs and entries of people who have dealt with the same issues I do. I admire the young kids who have had enough sense to discover who they are early on and all that it entails than to just marry and hope their life will magically be fixed. I sincerely admire those who have married tried to live the hetero lifestyle and found that it just doesn't work for them. It takes balls to face it and fix it, even with all the devastation and pain that comes with it. I especially respect and honor those who have figured out who they are and are in the process of working their lives out, some have come out to themselves and their spouses; some have at least recognized who they are and are still trying to figure out if anything at all needs to be done.

In my particular case; the side of where the LDS church comes into play is that I was raised a good Mormon kid. I grew up with the standard LDS accomplishments, quorum presidencies, mission, temple marriage, leadership positions (been there, done that, I'm sure I still have a T-shirt somewhere) it until a few years back, when I left the church with my family for other reasons, yet deep down I know this is one of the reasons I may have left the church in itself. So how do we categorize a non-practicing married mormon who has no idea where to go and what to do? Wow, maybe I over-analyze things too much...

4 comments:

  1. You ARE a MOHO by definition. Anyone who has the background and perspective of the Church in their lives (be they card-carrying, faithful, active, less active, inactive, excommunicated, believing, partially believing, doubting, non-believing, etc.)who are gay (be they out, closeted, accepting or in denial, etc.) and since you are married you are also a MOM so you're a MOM-MOHO.

    So what's your point? You are who you are. So you left the church - from what you say that doesn't change your affinity to it. In some way it has imprinted upon you a major part of who you are.

    As far as not knowing where to go or what to do? Welcome to the club of misfit pieces trying to assemble ourselves into some functioning whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beck,

    Thanks for the reassurance. Yes, having been a practicing Mormon does have a lot to do with many things I deal with.

    So where do I pick up my Moho card? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure, but I saw once someone was selling MOHO tee-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So am I even considered a "moho"?

    Well, you got the "Mo" in you - and the "Ho" - so yeah, you're a MoHo.

    Welcome to the queerosphere. I'm adding a link to your blog on my blog, I hope you don't mind. You're one of the family.

    ReplyDelete