Thursday, August 12, 2010

In Retrospect: Christina Aguilera - Beautiful

I remember watching this video a few years back and being brought to tears by the message:



I was captivated that Cristina was able to express how the "ugly and undesirable" in someone's eyes was also beautiful to someone else, and I was especially captivated by the gay couple. Somewhere around that time I remember finally telling myself: "Stop fighting what and who you are, it is never going to go away; accept yourself and the rest will take care of itself." Well the reality is that I had created such a mess out of my life that nothing just took care of itself, It took a few more years for things to be put in motion, lots of painful first steps, lots of painful tears, but here I am now. I still can't watch this video & not burst into tears, but I think this video touched and helped me in ways I never imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment