Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In this day and age?

My friend emailed this to me today; it makes my blood boil, my mind raced back to 1991 when I experienced some of this. Granted, there was no Craigslist back then, but I was shaking just reading it:


"I’m a recently married, RM currently at BYU. I’m an active and believing Mormon, I love my wife but I’m also dying inside because I secretly have all of these feelings and desires to be with another guy my age. I’m tired of fighting these feelings and have pretty much gotten to the point of daring to meet someone for the very first time and explore these feelings.

BUT Here’s my problem….I don’t want to get excommunicated from the church.

I’d like to hear from married guys who have experimented AND confessed.

How far where you allowed to go and still not be Ex’d

PLEASE THIS IS FOR REAL: I want to hear from real married guys who have had experience with this.

For what it’s worth, I’m twenty four; 5’11” one-fifty…average boy next door type. Right now I’m just seeking an answer to my question before I’d agree to take the next step.

Before all of you judge me, I discussed my feelings with my bishop and he encouraged me to proceed with my marriage...he gave me a blessing promising me that they would go away after I got married...they haven't.

Location: BYU "


I didn't think this was done to people anymore, I am so pissed I want to drive down to BYU and yell and scream all kinds of profanities. Obviously someone has not got the $^%%Q@# memo!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sure they got the memo, but many either choose to ignore it or don't understand it, and continue acting as if their personal biases should govern such situations...

    *heavy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. uug - what a ridiculous bishop.

    I pray that all us married guys are ok and everyone else for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that this guy doesn't end up like me...

    I understand that everyone needs to find & follow their own path and iget the point of trusting the bishop and all, just shocked me to the core...
    Hugs,pl

    ReplyDelete
  4. This causes me stress too. The bishop shouldn't say such things even if he meant well. My feelings have never changed after 20 plus years of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hence my rant a week or so ago. This has to stop! It is not just destroying one life but two or more. The tragedies will continue to occur unless the church is cornered in to looking at the issue and making a choice.

    The time for fence sitting is past. Pick a side Thomas S. Monson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely frustrating.

    It reminds me of two discussions. One I had with a surgeon friend. He never promises anyone it will be okay. Faith/belief can be powerful things; however, blind faith and blind promises can be equally powerful, but ruinous things.

    The other was with the girl I'd planned to marry upon returning from my mission. Upon finding out why things didn't work between us, she did not react well. I got the impression I should have tried harder and been more honest about the fact that I wasn't attracted to any women (and as I'd perceived at the time any men).

    ReplyDelete