Sunday, November 15, 2009

OGT (Obviously Gay Traits): Music

I was having lunch with a friend the other day at my house (no, not that kind of lunch!) and I plugged in my iPod to have background music while we cooked and ate. He mentioned that he really liked the songs on my random playlist--I have a collection of 80's, 90's, pop, ballads, touch of country, a couple of movie soundtracks, Latin pop (of course!) and thanks to my kid I even downloaded a few Miley Cyrus & Jonas Brothers. I really don't have a huge collection, but it is quite the variety--so my friend says, it is a cool music collection. I asked him to describe it thinking he'd say "very cool" and instead he says:

"It is so obviously gay!!"

I laughed out loud, but just to prove his point, this morning I added Maddona's Vogue and Abba's Dancing Queen to my playlist. Now my collection is not only obviously gay, it is "Fabulously Gay!!"

That gay card still hasn't arrived yet. Who's supposed to bring it to me? :0)

5 comments:

  1. HAHA this is so funny. I had a gay guy ask me about certain artists and I disliked all but one of the "gay" music icons lol.

    I think they will revoke my gay card soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinn you're so funny, I figure maybe I needed to have the right music downloaded to be considered family, so I'll sit here and wait for my card, any minute now I'm sure... :0)
    Hugs,pl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, very funny. I know what you mean--I use several SD memory cards for my MP3 player, and one of them has the sound tracks from Mamma Mia! and Twilight on it. For me the term "gay card" is hardly idiomatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have some Cristian Castro in that collection, I can assure you that your card is on its way. If not, I highly suggest getting it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny.
    I love the comment from Frank Lee Scarlet.
    I think I'm going to have to steal your idea and do a series on my own OGTs.

    ReplyDelete