Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Sense of calm and few other thoughts

I haven't really had much to post about. Seems that I get busy with the kids, work, family, friends and everything else I don't know if that is how life is supposed to turn out...I suppose I should be grateful that things aren't crazier!!!

The initial angst and pain seems to be subsiding some, I am finally starting to sleep better at night and the initial shock of finding myself alone and desperate for a reason to go on is not as bad anymore. It must be true that time heals all wounds, of course it is only 2+months, notable differences and progress I suppose. One of the things that has worked for me has to focus on my children--talking to them, texting, being available for them (I've actually walked out of a couple of meetings when they've called, that's OK, I promised I would be there!). I've learned to set limits around my 'guilt spending' I started doing he first couple of weeks and they understand that. I've also focused on keeping healthy and I am now about 20 pounds lighter than I was even 6 months ago. My in-laws keep asking me if I'm eating?? (well of course I'm eating!?! LOL). My diabetes is under control and for the first time since I've known my cholesterol is under 200. Now I am not saying that being married contributed to my being sick...

I don't know if this is what normal is---if anyone out there knows what normal is, would you please let me know or send me a link? :0)

But can't help to wonder if his is the calm before an imploding storm...

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment