Saturday, January 3, 2009

Update on my so called life...

I haven't really made any decisions about my life.

My wife is in the middle of a medical treatment for a couple of different ailments. Right now the focus is on getting her better, getting her health back to as normal as I can before I can deal with anything else. I guess this gives a true meaning to "in sickness and in health"...

Not to say that I don't think about how to deal with my situation. There are things that keep me awake at night:

1. Last time I tried to come out to my wife it was a complete disaster. How may it go this time around? I was ordered to move out and was threatened pretty much to forget about having anything to do with my kids--even though I was initially told it would all be solved amicably.
2. Do I come out to my kids? I'm sure it wouldn't be a total shock to them, but how would they take it/how would it affect them?
3. Family? Last time I talked to my mother about this and she took it as a green light to deal with her own demons (none of which had anything to do with me). My dad felt that he failed me as a father...sigh!
4. If it gets to a point that we separate (or try again), how will we live? two houses--how in the world can we afford that? Kids aren't as little anymore--but I'm sure they would be affected seriously.
5. If for some miraculous reason my wife accepts me, would she accept being in a mixed marriage? One time she actually told me that she could work on any kind of problem, except for the gay thing---

Well, don't want to bore anyone with my boring life. I was able to attend the Moho party on the 31st at Dichotomy's house, even if it was for a short time (by the time I left it was just starting to get under way) but met a few amazing people there, it was nice to be able to talk to others freely, no judgment and feel nothing but acceptance, love and offers of unconditional support. I only wish I could have stayed there longer, but I was told that there will be other opportunities. Well, here's to a new year!!

5 comments:

  1. I was so touched by your spirit as you left our home that night. I pray that your nightmares will go away and that you will be able to work through this. Pray to know what to do, and when the time is right, you will be scared, but you will be able to say what you need to say.

    God bless you and best wishes for happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah, I was also moved by your words and advise. The time will come and everything will be alright, I just know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PL, We are going to try and make the Matis Fireside Monday. Any chance you will be there? I would like to meet you. You are in my prayers.

    Bravone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravone: I seriously doubt I can make it given the time I get off work, distance and the rush hour traffic in that direction, but nothing is impossible... thanks for your message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I was able to give you a hug before you left. My hugs are free to anyone who wants them!

    Best wishes as you move forward with this process.

    ReplyDelete